White House Accuses Russia of Cyber ​​Attack 'Not Petya'

The White House on Thursday accused Russia of a cyber-attack "NotPetya" which caused massive losses last year, joined the British government in denouncing Moscow over the spreading virus that paralyzed some of the Ukrainian infrastructure and paralyzed the computers in various countries around the world.

The attack that occurred in June 2017 "spread worldwide, causing billions of dollars worth of losses across Europe, Asia and the Americas," White House spokesman Sarah Sanders said in a statement.

"It is part of the Kremlin's efforts to constantly destabilize Ukraine and show more clearly Russia's involvement in the ongoing conflict," added Sanders. "This is also a reckless and indiscriminate cyber attack that will result in consequences that will be applied internationally."

The US government is "reviewing a range of options," said a senior White House official when asked about the consequences of Russian action.

Earlier on Thursday, Russia rejected the British government's allegations that it was behind the attack, saying the allegations were part of a "Rusophobia" campaign that he said was launched by several Western countries.

The so-called NotPetya attack in June started in Ukraine where the attack paralyzed government and business computers before spreading across Europe and the world, halting operations at ports, factories and offices.

The British foreign ministry said in a statement released earlier that day that the attack came from the Rusi military

"The decision to publicly link this incident underscores the fact that Britain and its allies will not tolerate a destructive cyber attack," the ministry said in a statement.

"The attack was disguised as a criminal but aims the main is to paralyze, "he said.

" The main targets are the financial sector, energy, and the Ukrainian government. Indiscriminate design has led to wider spread, affecting businesses in Europe and Russia. "[ww]

Palestine 'Not Serious' With Peace

The United States ambassador to the UN Nikki Haley said on Wednesday that the Palestinians were not serious about the peace process and threatened to cut funding in the future if they did not advance to the negotiating table.

will not tolerate bad behavior, "Nikki Haley told Greta Van Susteren in an interview at her office. "Palestinians say they will ostracize America from the peace process, they say they do not want to deal with us anymore," said Nikki Haley.

Following the decision of President Trump on December 6 to recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel and move the American embassy there Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas said the United States could no longer play a mediating role.

"We can not accept America's role in the political process from now on, because America is completely on the side of Israel," Abbas said at an emergency meeting of the Organization for Islamic Cooperation in Istanbul on December 13.

On Tuesday (16/1), the US State Department announced it was holding $ 65 million from a US $ 125 million contribution to a UN refugee agency known as UNRWA.

"This is not intended to punish anyone, "State Department spokesman Heather Nauert said. "The US government is of the opinion that there should be a load equalization," Nauert added.

But Nikki Haley's comments on Wednesday do not seem to reflect that.

"The Palestinians are demanding us at the UN and basically being very hostile in what they say and do it, "the ambassador said in an interview. "We do not contribute to being harassed, this does not make sense," Haley added. Nikki Haley said, after a $ 60 million payment to UNRWA, America will review this relationship. [ps/jm]