Nigerian forces free 46 hostages Boko Haram, including 27 children




Abuja
Nigerian troops managed to free at least 46 people hostage by the militant group Boko Haram. The released hostages included 19 women and 27 children. The release came after troops destroyed a hideout of the armed group in the northeastern Borno state.

"The troops expelled the Boko Haram terrorists from one of the hideouts around the S-Form, part of the Sambisa forest, which is also believed to be one of their precious locations, "the Nigerian Ministry of Defense told AFP, Wednesday (14/2/2018).

" The valiant armies also destroyed eight truckloads of firearms, some accommodation temporary and tents, as well as troops rescuing 19 women and 27 children from the terrorist enclave, "the military statement said.

The Nigerian military says several militants were also killed in the incident. Two armored personnel carriers, a truck and a Boko Haram laptop were also confiscated by the apparatus.

Although the Nigerian military has declared victory over Boko Haram, they continue to engage in firefights with members of the militant group in northeastern Nigeria .

Not long ago, the Nigerian government requested parliamentary approval to use a $ 1 billion fund to root out the Boko Haram rebellion that has taken place since 2009. More than 20,000 people have been reported dead and millions displaced by Boko Haram attacks.

Earlier on Saturday (10/2) local time, the Nigerian government announced the release of three lecturers and 10 women held hostage by Boko Haram. They have been abducted by Boko Haram militants since last year.

(ita / ita)


<! –
            

->

            

Through Video Leader Boko Haram Claims Attacks in Nigeria




Canoe
Boko Haram leader Abubakar Shekau claimed a series of attacks in northeastern Nigeria during the festive season. The video message was the first in a few months amid growing violence in Nigeria, according to AFP. The video raises doubts over the Nigerian government's claim that the rebel group has been defeated.

"We are in good health and nothing has happened to us," Shekau said in a 31-minute video pronounced in Nigerian Hausa language "Nigerian troops, police and people who are against us can not do anything to us, and you will not get anything," he said.

"We (19659002) The video then shows footage of a Christmas Day attack at a military checkpoint in Molai village on the outskirts of Maiduguri town, northeastern Nigeria. (19659003) Boko Haram members in torn clothes were shot from behind a decrepit pickup truck.

Shekau's message emerged during the acceleration of Boko Haram's attack and days after the rebels killed 25 people outside Maiduguri, the birthplace of the rebels.

At least 50 people were killed in November when a suicide bomber blew himself up at a mosque in the state of Adamawa. Then in December, Boko Haram attacked a convoy of Nigerian soldiers and sent a suicide bomber into a crowded market in cities in northeastern Nigeria.

Nigerian President Muhammadu Buhari in his new year speech said Boko Haram had been 'beaten'. [19659003] "The isolated attacks are still going on, but even the country with the best police can not expect any terrible terror attacks by criminals," Buhari said.

Shekau took over Boko Haram in 2009 after the death of his founder Muhammad Yusuf. Boko Haram has left at least 20,000 people dead in Nigeria since 2009.

This group has long been divided. In 2016, Boko Haram experienced a great schism, calling Joseph's son, Abu Mus'ab al-Barnawi, the leader.

(jbr / yld)