White House Accuses Russia of Cyber ​​Attack 'Not Petya'

The White House on Thursday accused Russia of a cyber-attack "NotPetya" which caused massive losses last year, joined the British government in denouncing Moscow over the spreading virus that paralyzed some of the Ukrainian infrastructure and paralyzed the computers in various countries around the world.

The attack that occurred in June 2017 "spread worldwide, causing billions of dollars worth of losses across Europe, Asia and the Americas," White House spokesman Sarah Sanders said in a statement.

"It is part of the Kremlin's efforts to constantly destabilize Ukraine and show more clearly Russia's involvement in the ongoing conflict," added Sanders. "This is also a reckless and indiscriminate cyber attack that will result in consequences that will be applied internationally."

The US government is "reviewing a range of options," said a senior White House official when asked about the consequences of Russian action.

Earlier on Thursday, Russia rejected the British government's allegations that it was behind the attack, saying the allegations were part of a "Rusophobia" campaign that he said was launched by several Western countries.

The so-called NotPetya attack in June started in Ukraine where the attack paralyzed government and business computers before spreading across Europe and the world, halting operations at ports, factories and offices.

The British foreign ministry said in a statement released earlier that day that the attack came from the Rusi military

"The decision to publicly link this incident underscores the fact that Britain and its allies will not tolerate a destructive cyber attack," the ministry said in a statement.

"The attack was disguised as a criminal but aims the main is to paralyze, "he said.

" The main targets are the financial sector, energy, and the Ukrainian government. Indiscriminate design has led to wider spread, affecting businesses in Europe and Russia. "[ww]

US Tuding North behind World Cyber ​​Attack

The United States openly blames North Korea for internet attacks that crippled hospitals, banks and companies around the world earlier this year.

In an editorial posted on the Wall Street Journal website on Monday (18/19 ) night, Domestic Security Adviser Tom Bossert said North Korea was "directly responsible" for a malware attack to demand a ransom called WannaCry, and that Pyongyang should be held accountable for it.

"The attack was widespread and costing billions of dollars, and North Korea are directly responsible, "Bossert wrote. "[North Korea] has been acting very badly, out of control, for over ten years, and his evil behavior is increasingly frightening."

Bossert said President Donald Trump's administration would continue to use "its maximum pressure strategy to curb Pyongyang's ability to launch attacks, via the internet or "

Pyongyang previously denied responsibility for the attack.

But the American government has judged with" very high confidence "that the group of invaders known as Lazarus Group, working for the North Korean government, carried out WannaCry attacks, senior officials told Reuters. [sp/ii]