Dangerous Trek Taken by Dark Immigrants to Enter the US

While the American Congress seeks to fund the border wall between America and Mexico, the 2010 border fence that separates El Paso, Texas and Juarez, Mexico is already quite difficult for illegal immigrants to enter the United States. When Jesus Sanchez came to America nearly 30 years ago, he waded through the Rio Grande. Sanchez has since lived in America and became an illegal resident.

El Paso, Texas is the second busiest entry point on the border between America and Mexico. Although the busyness of the border was mostly an ordinary traveler, but there were other travel streams made up of people who did not have valid entry documents, and covertly came to El Paso.

Jesus Sanchez came as a boy, the river of the Rio Grande that borders the two countries and flows behind the house of his parents.

"We walked, that day the river water is not too high, until knee, and then we have to be wary of border patrols If they do not exist, run or walk I do not remember having to run It was dark, around 4 or 3.30 in the morning, "Sanchez said.

Despite living in America for 30 years, Sanchez still has no legal status. But his children have.

One of them is a biochemist. Sanchez laughed when he told of the story of one of his sons.

"He applied for a job, and guessed what job he proposed, border patrol."

Sanchez previously had various short-term visas but is illegal since 2010. Now, sponsored by his eldest son, he hopes to get a green card or green card next month.

"My life is here now I am so American, so I feel very grateful but I want to stay here legally," Sanchez said. .

It is now more difficult to cross secretly to El Paso than when Sanchez used to do it.

The 211-kilometer fence along the city's border was completed in 2010. In 2006, before the fence stood, there were 122,000 crossing the border illegally. Last year: about 25,000. [my]

ISIS Continues to Enter Philippines, MILF Leader Reminds 'Second Marawi'




Manila
The leader of the largest Muslim rebel group in the Philippines, the Moro Islamic Liberation Front (MILF), warned of a potential 'second Marawi'. This refers to the influx of radical Islamist militants Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) into the Philippines.

As reported by AFP and Reuters Tuesday (20/2/2018), Murad Ebrahim who is the leader of the MILF says pro-ISIS militants in the Philippines continue to be purged of booty rifles and money cash. This situation, according to him, could trigger the latest attacks such as the attack on Marawi last year. The MILF has signed a peace deal with the Philippine government some time ago.

The pro-ISIS five-month militant raid on Marawi, Mindanao in 2017 reportedly killed more than 1,100 people. Murad insisted that the situation on the ground is currently quite 'ripe' for similar attacks in other Philippine cities, or the second Marawi attack.

"The ISIS group continues to pervade as they are expelled in the Middle East and they want to have another place," Murad said. "The other Marawi's opportunities can not be ruled out," he added.

Mentioned Murad, ISIS militants pushed in Iraq and Syria continue to flow into the southern Philippines. Murad did not mention the exact number of ISIS militants entering the Philippines. He simply stated the militants were moving to the stronghold of the Abu Sayyaf group, which often kidnaps foreigners and hijacks the ship. There, they recruited new fighters from remote Muslim communities.

This recruitment is suspected to be carried out to launch a new offensive in the Philippines. Murad mentions that there are two cities that may be the target of pro-ISIS group attacks in the Philippines.

"Based on our own intelligence information, foreign fighters expelled from the Middle East continue to enter our border gap and may plan to take two cities to the south – Iligan and Cotabato," he said without elaborating. The two cities are known to be within 38 kilometers and 265 kilometers from Marawi.

Murad also said that the MILF continues to fight against pro-ISIS militant efforts infiltrated the madrassas and secular universities to influence their ideology. "These extremists enter the madrassa, teach young Muslims about their own version of the Qur'an and some enter local universities to influence students, plant seeds of hatred and violence," Murad said.

According to Murad, pro-ISIS militants also exploited delays the discussion of Bangsamoro Basic Law (BBL) legislation allowing local Muslim communities to run their own autonomy. He also encouraged the government of President Rodrigo Duterte to speed up the discussion of BBL. "If that (BBL) is not passed now, I think it will trigger a situation where extremist groups can recruit more followers, as this will prove their theory that there is no hope in the peace process," Murad said. "Given they have the ability to supply money and then they also have the ability to assemble explosives, bombs, they can use young followers to run their plans," he added.

(nvc / ita)


<! –
            

->

            

US Enter Hamas Leaders to a Global Terrorist List

Less than a week after threatening to cut aid to Palestine if it does not seek peace with Israel, the Americans impose sanctions on Hamas political leaders, the terrorist organization that controls the Gaza Strip.

The US State Department announced on Tuesday (30/1) Ismail Haniyeh, head of the Hamas political bureau, is on his terrorist list as Specially Designated Global Terrorist, AnGRT.

The United States has listed Hamas as a terrorist organization, and the State Department says Haniyeh has close ties to the military wing of the organization and is reportedly involved in the attacks against the citizens of Israel.

Harakat al-Sabireen, Iran-backed group and mainly operating outside Gaza and the West Bank are also included on the list. According to officials, Harakat al-Sabireen planned and carried out attacks on Israel and fired rockets at Israeli targets.

The two Egyptian organizations, Liwa al-Thawra, and Harakat Sawa'd Misr, were also added to the terrorist list the. The two have previously been linked to the Egyptian Muslim Brotherhood branch. [ka/ds]

North Korea, Vietnam Enter 10 Forgotten Countries in Humanitarian Crisis 2017

CARE International aid organization reports North Korea and Eritrea are on the list of 10 most unreported and forgotten countries in the humanitarian crisis of 2017. Other countries are Burundi, Sudan, Central African Republic, Republic Democratic Republic of Congo, Mali, Lake Chad Basin, Vietnam, and Peru.

The report highlights the fate of the tens of millions of people who are forced to suffer because the bad conditions they are experiencing are not reported and their needs are not met. Last year an estimated 220 million people in 37 countries were affected by the greatest humanitarian catastrophe in recent years.

CARE International Secretary-General Laurie Lee said the suffering of 70 million people in 10 countries experiencing an emergency and not reported was practically ignored. [19659003] "These ten crises have an impact on one-third of the 220 million people in need of humanitarian assistance by 2017. Yet only 2% of these emergencies are reported. All but three of the 10 countries reported to be in emergency by 2017 are in Africa. Africa is represented disproportionately on the list of 10 countries, "said Lee.

UN High Commissioner for Refugee Affairs Filippo Grandi said the humanitarian crisis is not limited to certain emergencies. He told VOA, ignoring them carries a lot of risk because the impact will be felt globally. He cited the case of the Democratic Republic of Congo, which was the most worrying crisis.

"Let us not forget that some of its neighbors are in a difficult situation. Southern Sudan is bordered by Congo. Burundi borders the Congo. So this crisis is sometimes linked to each other, being a regional crisis, unstable and becoming more difficult to resolve at some stage, "said Grandi.

CARE International warned 2018 will be a bleak year for millions of people stricken conflict and natural disasters. Added, increasing media attention can help focus public support on humanitarian crises, largely ignored. [em/ii]

China Automakers Planned to Enter US Market 2019

A Chinese car factory turned its attention to the west, and is determined to sell cars in America in the fourth quarter of 2019.

GAC Motor launched two models at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit: a concept A small gull-wing styled SUV called Enverge and a mid-size GA4 sedan that will go on sale in China later this year.

How or when exactly that Chinese car went into the US market is still a puzzle. GAC said it was in talks with Fiat Chrysler about the possible distribution of the vehicle. The company says it already has two research centers and a design center in the US

The industry expert and Chairman of the AutoHarvest Foundation in Detroit, Davis Cole told VOA, Americans seem ready to buy cars made in China. He noted, General Motors has sold Buick Envision made in China to America.

He said, at first the quality of Chinese-made cars "did not match the expectations of most people here … but the longer the quality is much better and my estimate, when we look to the future, the difference in quality may be lost. "

If US carmakers want to maintain their status and excellence in the industry, he says they have no choice but to work" in all emerging markets so we do not just consider it competitor but also partner. "

For example, he noted that Buick sold" about three times more vehicles in China, than they sell here. And that signifies that we are in a new, troubled world. "[ps/jm]