Human Rights Organization Tuding Afghan Forces Civilians Base

A global human rights organization called for Afghan and US military authorities to immediately investigate allegations that Afghan government forces execute civilians without legal process in recent counter-Taliban operations in southern Kandahar province. [19659002] According to a Human Rights Watch report Wednesday, allegations of human rights violations occurred from January 31 to February 1, when Afghan special forces, backed by US air strikes, carried out attacks in Maiwand and Panjwai districts. [19659002] The report quoted local residents as saying that Afghan forces opened fire on a number of people trying to flee from Band-e Timor, a region that has long been a stronghold of the Taliban.

Battle in Ghazni, Afghanistan Kills 7 Civilians

The attack killed 50 Taliban insurgents and at least 20 civilians. Government troops also allegedly dragged out some men from their homes and shot them.

Afghan Defense Ministry spokesman Dawlat Waziri said he had not been able to respond because he had not read the report. But Waziri insists the authorities immediately and thoroughly investigate all allegations of violations in combat.

See also: Pakistan Taliban Deputy Leader Killed by US Drone

"Opposition forces often deliberately occupy civilian homes for wanting civilian casualties. However, Afghan forces need to take all precautions so as not to harm civilians, "he said. [ab/lt]

Nigerian forces free 46 hostages Boko Haram, including 27 children




Abuja
Nigerian troops managed to free at least 46 people hostage by the militant group Boko Haram. The released hostages included 19 women and 27 children. The release came after troops destroyed a hideout of the armed group in the northeastern Borno state.

"The troops expelled the Boko Haram terrorists from one of the hideouts around the S-Form, part of the Sambisa forest, which is also believed to be one of their precious locations, "the Nigerian Ministry of Defense told AFP, Wednesday (14/2/2018).

" The valiant armies also destroyed eight truckloads of firearms, some accommodation temporary and tents, as well as troops rescuing 19 women and 27 children from the terrorist enclave, "the military statement said.

The Nigerian military says several militants were also killed in the incident. Two armored personnel carriers, a truck and a Boko Haram laptop were also confiscated by the apparatus.

Although the Nigerian military has declared victory over Boko Haram, they continue to engage in firefights with members of the militant group in northeastern Nigeria .

Not long ago, the Nigerian government requested parliamentary approval to use a $ 1 billion fund to root out the Boko Haram rebellion that has taken place since 2009. More than 20,000 people have been reported dead and millions displaced by Boko Haram attacks.

Earlier on Saturday (10/2) local time, the Nigerian government announced the release of three lecturers and 10 women held hostage by Boko Haram. They have been abducted by Boko Haram militants since last year.

(ita / ita)


<! –
            

->

            

US forces in Afghanistan start air strikes against Taliban

US forces in Afghanistan have initiated a new offensive of aerial bombardment against the Taliban in northern Afghanistan

The military issued a statement Tuesday saying it started a series of precision attacks last Friday at a suspected central facility training the Taliban in Badakshan province, with the aim of "preventing the planning and training of terrorist acts near the border with China and Tajikistan." The airstrikes have also destroyed vehicles stolen from the modified Afghan National Army to carry bombs

"The Taliban do not have a place to hide, "the statement quoted General John Nicholson, commander of US forces in Afghanistan. "There will be no safe haven for terrorist groups committed to bringing disaster and destruction into the country."

The airstrikes have also reduced the source of income and safe haven for the Taliban, resulting in the loss of more than $ 30 million in revenues for the Taliban since the bombing campaign began in November. [lt]

US Forces Force Prevent ISIS Up, Number 30 Thousand




Damascus
The US-led military coalition is reportedly in the process of setting up a border security force in northern Syria. The 30,000-strong force has the task of preventing the rise of radical groups Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS).

Spokesperson for the US-led coalition spokesman Colonel Ryan Dillon said that as the fight against ISIS, the US-led coalition and its allies, the Syrian Democratic Forces (19459011), on Monday (15/1/2018) SDF) began to shift focus to border security.

"There is a final destination for a final army of about 30 thousand personnel," Dillon told AFP . Half of that amount will be filled by trained SDF soldiers.

"There are about 230 individuals currently undergoing training in border security forces, it is an inaugural class," he added.

Dillon asserted, the establishment of this border security force is part of a broad strategy 'to prevent the rise of ISIS'. "With the battle against ISIS, as the remaining (ISIS) pockets continue to diminish, we know that does not mean the end for Daesh (Arabic ISIS name)." We must make sure that there is security that can be upheld, "Dillon told AFP. .

SDF manages to drive ISIS out of the northeastern Syria region it once controlled. In battle with ISIS, SDF gets air support from a US-led coalition. The SDF also received other assistance in the form of special armaments and military advisers from the US coalition.

SDF personnel, mostly Kurdish and Arab descendants in Syria, now control the northern border region of Syria. It is known that Syria is directly adjacent to Turkey in the north. The news of the formation of border troops is reaping a strong reaction from Turkey, which on Sunday called it an effort to 'legitimize terrorist organizations'.

During this time, Turkey is strongly opposed to SDF whose personnel are dominated by members of the Kurdi People's Protection Unit YPG), which has been designated as a terrorist group by the Turkish government.

In a separate statement, high-ranking SDF officials for media affairs Mustefa Bali confirmed the establishment of the Syrian border security forces. He also stated the training had begun. "We are transitioning to a new phase in coordination between our side and the international coalition." The vast areas and liberated cities need someone to protect them, "said Bali to AFP .

Spoken by Bali, this border security force unit will be deployed along the Syrian-Turkish border and the territory bordering the territory controlled by Syrian regime forces.

(nvc / ita)

Russia Skeptical of US Armed Forces Ukraine's decision

President of Ukraine on Saturday (23/12), thanked America for the decision to give lethal weapons to the country, while diplomats in Russia warned it would only reap more bloodshed.

a day after the United States announced it would give Ukraine a deadly weapon to assist the country in the fight against Russian-backed separatists in the eastern part of the country.

By contrast, Ukraine responded to the action by thanking President Donald Trump for his "leadership" and insisting that weapons it was not for the purpose of attacking.

In a statement on Friday (22/12), the US State Department said the decision to provide Ukraine "better defense capabilities" is in line with "the effort of helping Ukraine build its long-term defense capacity in order to defend sovereignty and integrity of its territory. "

The statement added, the American aid was entirely defensive.

A report from the ABC television network, delivered before the announcement, said the 47-million-dollar defense package included the sale of 210 anti-tank missiles and 35 missile launchers. The US State Department did not confirm the report.

American President Donald Trump called for better relations with Russia, but the move was likely to threaten the plan. [ka]