NDDL: "the lines have not moved", says a delegation of opponents

"No line has moved" on the file of regularizations in Notre-Dame-des Landes, said Wednesday in Nantes a delegation of opponents, after a long meeting with the prefect of the Netherlands. de la Loire, Nicole Klein, chaired by the Minister for Ecological Transition Nicolas Hulot

"No line has moved, it is clear that the lines have not moved at all", the "requirements "the government remains the same, said at the exit of the prefecture Marcel Thébault, one of the four historic farmers NDDL and a member of the delegation.

According to him, the government has not proposed of "delay delay or anything".

"We had the idea to come see how things were moving to have grit to grind and seek serenity," he observed with regret.

Three months after the abandonment of the airport project, this crucial meeting, proposed by Ms. Klein and quickly accepted by the occupiers of the ZAD, was aimed at finding a way out of the conflict, on the tenth day of operations. gendarmerie on the site of 1,650 hectares, marked by clashes between opponents and police

The meeting lasted more than two hours. The delegation was composed of eight opponents of the former airport project, including three representatives of the ZAD.

The arrival of Nicolas Hulot was announced in the morning.

In the National Assembly, the Prime Minister Minister Édouard Philippe repeated Wednesday that "illegal occupants" who will not quickly regularize their situation "will leave the place" in Notre-Dame-des-Landes because "force must remain in the law."

NDDL: the rally of opponents enameled clashes

The peaceful rally of support for the expelled occupants took place on Sunday in the Zad of Notre-Dame-des-Landes in a relative calm, enamelled of some clashes in the morning, then at the end of the afternoon. 19659002] According to the prefecture of Loire-Atlantique about 4,000 people were present Sunday afternoon throughout the area, at the height of the rally, mostly west of the D81 where it took place in the mud and the good mood. The Zadists have announced "15,000 to 20,000 people," in a statement.

At the farm Bellevue, protesters have picnicked on large logs, in a country atmosphere, dancing to the sound of biniou and Jew's harp. On the "Wardine" side, near the D81, food stalls lined the Suez road, while an improvised "camping" had been set up with several tents.

A 64-year-old man, a regular at the Zad , explained to have come "to show them that we are here and we will be here tomorrow". "The cops are not going to stay for six months, the cabins are going to be rebuilt."

This moment of calm followed a more agitated end of the morning. For two hours, about 300 people, including rockets and Molotov cocktail, have indeed tried to force the barrage of police on the D81, to rebuild the squats destroyed since Monday, at the is from this road.

The gendarmes repulsed them with tear gas grenades and désencclement. At least three protesters were arrested during the day during the clashes, according to the police. Three gendarmes were wounded and one of them, reached by "an improvised explosive device", was taken to the Nantes University Hospital.

– A frame, to rebuild –

If the coordination of the opponents had called At a peaceful rally in support of the expelled, some supporters of the zadists had made a call to come and rebuild the squats destroyed.

"The goal is: no reconstruction", however warned the General Richard Lizurey, Director General of the National Gendarmerie.

Protesters nonetheless symbolically transported a framework across the fields in the late afternoon to rebuild the former "Gourbi", an iconic place of life destroyed by the operations at the beginning of the week.

But arrived on the spot, they were repulsed by the police and continued carrying their framework in the Zad at the end of the day, using distress flares and cocktails Molotov against gendarmes, who responded with their teargas grenades and désencclement. At least two other protesters were arrested during the clashes, an AFP photographer found.

Another structure, originally intended for the Gourbi and destined to become a meeting place, was under construction. in Wardine, outside the area of ​​expulsions.

– "It takes time" –

The State has called on the occupants of the Zad, expelled or not, to regularize their situation before 23 April in declaring their name, their agricultural project and the parcels concerned.

"I have never worked with a pistol on the temple, we have never asked a farmer to set up a project in six or two months, it takes time," he said on Sunday. A press point in Bellevue, Dominique Fresneau, Co-President of Acipa, the historical association of opponents.

Acipa demanded that violence cease "on both sides". "Every day of violence that goes on at NDDL, it's weeks before we can get back around the table," Fresneau said.

The operation to expel illegal occupants from the Zad began Monday and in three days 29 squats were destroyed. 2,500 gendarmes are mobilized. "We will adapt the volume of forces to the needs of the maintenance of order, the objective is to keep the time it will take," said General Lizurey.

Since Thursday, the operations of clearing and maintenance of the order continues, at the rate of clashes with the support of more and more numerous zadists, including black-blocks.

On the 7th day of the operation, the situation seems actually more complex than it does. was in the beginning for law enforcement and, in the short term, no issue is looming on the horizon.

The gendarmes should stay three weeks to one month on the spot, to clear the plots, guarantee the free traffic on D281 (the former "baffling road") and D81 and to prevent any illegal reoccupation.

tll-asl-aag-bur / gvy / bma

Canada: Defeat of Opponents of a Controversial Pipeline in the West

The Canadian province of British Columbia, on the Pacific coast, promised Monday to continue its legal fight against the expansion of a controversial oil pipeline after a federal court refused to rule on this thorny case. 19659002] Local Authorities Oppose Canadian Federal Government's Decision to Allow US Company Kinder Morgan to Upgrade Trans Mountain Oil Pipeline from Alberta's Oil Sands to 300 Million Barrels Per Day the suburbs of Vancouver

 March of Aboriginal Peoples and opponents of the Trans Mountain Pipeline of the American Kinder Morgan Company in Burnaby in the Canadian Province of British Columbia, March 10, 2018 (AFP / Archives - Jason Redmond )

March of Aboriginal Peoples and Opponents of the Trans Mountain Pipeline of the American Kinder Morgan Company in Burnaby in the Canadian Province of British Columbia , March 10, 2018 (AFP / Archives – Jason Redmond)

Elected in the summer of 2017, notably on the promise to fight the development of fossil fuels, the Social Democratic Government of British Columbia challenged this authorization with the Federal Court of Appeal. But this court refused Friday to seize the file.

"We are very disappointed that the Federal Court of Appeal has rejected our request for appeal," told AFP George Heyman, Minister of the Environment and British Columbia's Climate Change.

"Our government will continue its legal struggle against this pointless project," he said.

Another legal remedy, initiated by Aboriginal people, is currently between Supreme Court of the Province.

 Opposition to Trans Mountain Pipeline of Kinder Morgan US Company in Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada, March 10, 2018 (AFP / Archives - Jason Redmond)

Opposition to the Trans Mountain pipeline of the American company Kinder Morgan in Burnaby, British Columbia (Canada), March 10, 2018 (AFP / Archives – Jason Redmond)

Opponents of the pipeline Kinder Morgan point the risks of oil spill, with the increased maritime traffic, and their impact on threatened populations of marine mammals.

They also believe that by increasing the volume of oil sent to the US or Asian markets, Justin Trudeau's federal government is violating its commitments to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, which led to the warming of planet.

Bure: nuclear opponents gather in peace

Ten days after their forced evacuation of a wood near Bure (Meuse), hundreds of opponents of the project of burying the nuclear waste met Saturday calmly, in spite of a prohibition of demonstration decided by the authorities.

In the morning, about 300 protesters, according to the police, walked between Bure and Mandres-en-Barrois, commune where the Lejuc wood is evacuated on February 22nd. The police control around these two communes.

In Mandres-en-Barrois, where opponents of all ages held meetings in a barn, the situation remained very calm, noted a journalist from AFP. Some had hoods or face hidden behind masks.

At a nearby window, a red banner said: "Limit of work area, do not cross."

The official program of the event provides for discussions and debates between the different committees of opponents, a march towards the evacuated forest, as well as the construction of a "lookout" on land lent to the edge of the wood. A press conference of the opponents must take place at 13:00.

 The prefect of the Meuse Muriel Nguyen in Bar-le-Duc on February 22, 2018 (AFP / Archives - JEAN-CHRISTOPHE VERHAEGEN)

The prefect of the Meuse Muriel Nguyen in Bar-le-Duc February 22, 2018 (AFP / Archives – JEAN-CHRISTOPHE VERHAEGEN)

The prefecture of the Meuse had on Thursday night a decree prohibiting "any demonstration" Saturday and Sunday in the sector, because from the perspective of "serious disturbances to public order"

A ban that decided to override the opponents of this project called Cigeo, who had planned since the beginning of the year a large gathering in Bure this first weekend of March.

The prefect of the Meuse, Muriel Nguyen, said Friday that "more than 700 opponents (were) expected" Saturday and Sunday, of which "a significant number" presents a "extremely worrying profile"

"There is a high risk of clashes with the police stationed on the edge of the woods ", given" the hard-line nature of some of the opponents "and" the motto to reinvest "the area, had argued the prefect. 19659002] – Referred dismissed –

Other prefectural decrees also prohibited traffic and parking at Bure and Mandres-en-Barrois, until Monday included. The nuclear opponents had filed an appeal against this ban, but the administrative court of Nancy rejected Saturday morning, said the Network Out of the Nuclear.

"In view of the military device deployed to impede the holding of these meetings we strongly denounce the strategy of the tension put in place by the authorities and dread the consequences of a repression which seems to be already planned ", reacted the network opposed to the nuclear one.

 Of the gendarmes during the evacuation of the opponents of the project of burying the nuclear waste, the commune of Bure, in the Meuse, on February 22, 2018 (AFP / Archives - JEAN-CHRISTOPHE VERHAEGEN)

Gendarmes during the evacuation of the opponents to the project d burying nuclear waste, the commune of Bure, in the Meuse, on February 22, 2018 (AFP / Archives – JEAN-CHRISTOPHE VERHAEGEN)

February 22 at dawn, an evacuation operation surp Rally, mobilizing 500 gendarmes and helicopters, had been launched to evacuate fifteen opponents installed in the wood Lejuc. This forest was chosen by the National Agency for the Management of Radioactive Waste (Andra) to carry out exploratory drilling before submitting an application for a formal authorization to create the nuclear waste storage site, a priori in 2019.

The large-scale police operation was launched to prevent opponents from carrying out their plans to install permanent buildings in the wood, which would have turned it into a Zad ("area to defend") ) in the image of Notre-Dame-des-Landes in Loire-Atlantique

Since the evacuation, gendarmes continue to monitor the wood.

The Bure site was chosen in 1998 to accommodate an underground laboratory that is to prepare for the burial 500 meters underground of the most radioactive or long-lived nuclear waste in the French park. But this project is still in its infancy and no radioactive waste is still on the spot.

"I am at the disposal of all the legal opponents to constantly improve the project and the associated consultation tools" , insisted on Friday the Secretary of State for Ecological Transition, Sébastien Lecornu, which separates "legal opponents" and those he calls "delinquents."

Since the launch of the Bure project, the protests opponents have multiplied and legal remedies have been filed to prevent the start of work. In August, clashes had left six injured among the opposition and two among the gendarmes.

France: Opponents of nuclear waste burying project brave ban on demonstrations

Opponents of the project to bury nuclear waste in a forest in northeastern France announced Friday their intention to override the ban on demonstrations decreed by local authorities who fear this weekend new excesses

A week ago, 500 gendarmes evacuated manu militari about fifteen occupants of the wood Lejuc, the epicenter of the protest, and bulldozers had destroyed bivouacs and barricades.

Before the prospect of new " Serious disturbances to the public order ", the prefect of the Meuse department, Muriel Nguyen, took Thursday night a decree prohibiting" any event. "

" More than 700 opponents are expected "Saturday and Sunday, including" a large number "have a" very disturbing profile, "she told AFP.

" There is a high risk of clashes with police stationed near the woods ", given "the character ju Some of the opponents "and" the watchword to reinvest "the area, argued the prefect.

" We are scandalized. This is a liberticidal order, "said Juliette Geoffroy, spokesman for the Collective Against the Burial of Radioactive Waste (Cedra), adding that the call for the rally launched by the opponents was" maintained. "

The site de Bure was chosen in 1998 to house an underground laboratory that will prepare for the burial 500 m underground of the most radioactive or long-lived nuclear waste in the French park.

About 221 hectares, the wood Lejuc and its surroundings have been selected by the National Agency for the Management of Radioactive Waste (Andra) for the installation of aeration chimneys of the laboratory.

Andra has planned to carry out exploratory drilling in the forest to collect data before filing a request for official authorization to create the site, planned for 2019.

Since the project's launch, the opposition protests have multiplied and Legal remedies have been filed to prevent the commencement of work. In August, clashes had left six injured among the opposition and two among the gendarmes.