NDDL: Philip reaches out to Zadists and warns against reoccupation

Édouard Philippe, on a surprise visit to the gendarmes in operation at Notre-Dame-des-Landes warned on Friday against any reoccupation of the evacuated sites while keeping the extended hand to the zadistes who accept the process of regularization.

"The state will not accept the reconstruction or reoccupation of the sites that were evacuated, and those who engage in such abuses (…) exclude themselves from any possibility of regularization" by 23 April, he pounded

Those "will have to draw the consequences of their absence of will" and "will put under the blow of pursuits", warned Édouard Philippe.

The Prime Minister and the Minister of the Interior arrived shortly after 16:30 at the command post of the gendarmerie at Saint-Etienne-de-Montluc, south of the Zad.

Taking stock of the expulsions started Monday, Édouard Philippe said that "the set of objectives we are s were assigned was reached: 29 squats (out of 96) were deconstructed and their occupants expelled. "

Now places in clearing operations. "They will take time after the expulsions but they will be carried out seriously and in accordance with the timetable that has been envisaged," he pledged.

Friday morning, the day after the announcement of the end of operations Expulsion, the prefect of the Pays de la Loire Nicole Klein had already sketched this line: negotiation around regularization but intransigence about illegal reoccupations.

Those who accept the process have until April 23 to do so. "They are simply asked at this stage to declare their name, to declare the agricultural project they wish to develop and to specify the plots on which they wish to implement it so that the State (…) can instruct them. requests, "said Nicole Klein emphasizing that" collective projects do not prevent individual projects. "

The prefect announced that she would receive a delegation of occupants" as quickly as possible. "

-" the time it will take "-

" What we are certain is that it will not be possible to think serenely in the continuation as long as the Zad will be targeted by this type of police actions ", have responded the Zadists in a statement.

The gendarmes should stay three weeks to a month with a triple objective: clear the plots, ensure free movement on the D281 and D81 and prevent any illegal reoccupation, said the prefect. 19659002] The provision It will remain "the time it will take, with the forces that will be needed. On the other hand, there will be no more expulsion, "said General Richard Lizurey, general director of the gendarmerie, in the morning.

Friday morning was marked by new clashes on the Zad as soon as dawn, where grenade shots were continuously fired.

A gunsmith's operation was concentrated on the D81, one of the two main north-south roads crossing the Zad, topped by fiery barricades on Friday morning It is on this axis that an ambush took place Thursday, according to the gendarmes, making 10 wounded in their ranks.

"the fight that some led is carried out", explained Friday noon on RTL the minister of the Nicolas Hulot ecological transition in reference to the abandonment of the airport project in January, "from there, it is necessary to calm down, to return in the right way and not to mix the postures".

In total four people were in custody Friday night for participation in a gathering, violence on law enforcement officer (with a hammer) or outrage and rebellion, according to the Rennes Court of Appeal. Another protester arrested Thursday for possession of explosive device was released Friday by the Criminal Court of Saint-Nazaire but the prosecution appealed.

Moreover, the court of summary of Nantes rejected Friday the request of a occupant of the Zad who challenged the legality of his expulsion from the place called "The 100 names."

The operation of expulsion of illegal occupants of the Zad began Monday, with 2,500 gendarmes, bailiffs and construction equipment, and 29 squats were destroyed in three days.

Despite Walking Slow, South Korean Olympic Diplomacy Reaches Progress

South Korea continues to push the process of peace through the Olympics, amid criticism that North Korea is only following the process to ease economic sanctions without stopping its nuclear weapons program.

South Korea's continuing South Moon Jae-in easing tensions with North Korea helping to secure North Korea's participation in the Pyeongchang Winter Olympics in South Korea and a lull in Pyongyang's provocative nuclear missile and nuclear test.

In a joint reconciliation attitude, North Korea and South Korea Olympic delegates march together under a special unification flag in Friday's opening ceremony. Kim Yo-jong, sister of North Korean leader Kim Jong-un also to South Korea to attend the Olympics. He was the first member of Kim's ruling family to visit South Korea since the split of Korea at the end of World War II. During a meeting with Moon, Kim presented an invitation to the South Korean president to visit Pyongyang for a summit of leaders.

There were previously only two summits between North and South Korean leaders. The most recent one lasted more than a decade ago, in 2007. Kim Jong-un, who came to power in 2011, has never met a foreign head of state.

On Tuesday, Kim Jong-un said he wanted to encourage "climate reconciliation and warm dialogue "with South Korea following the successful visits of North Korea's North Korean delegation, the North Korean state media.

See also: North Korea's imaging through the Olympics Show Results

The easing of tensions between the two Koreas is a direct result of President Moon's ongoing diplomatic efforts and indicates Kim Jong Un's willingness to respond to a constructive relationship, said John Delury, a North Korean analyst at Seoul's Yonsei University.

But those skeptical declared Pyongyang's openness to dialogue a deceptive tactic. According to them, North Korea's cooperation in the Olympics is intended to undermine America's "maximum pressure" policy to force North Korea to change its behavior with enhanced economic sanctions and the threat of military power, without giving meaningful concessions to end its nuclear program. [uh]

The number of "Unwanted" Girls in India Reaches 21 Million People

The Indian government on Monday said there were 21 million "undesirable" girls across the country, as many families across social and economic groups preferred boys to girls.

In its annual economic survey report, the Indian government blamed an illegal gender-based abortion in which 940 girls were aborted in each of the births of 1,000 boys, according to the latest census data.

"Families with boys tend not to have children again compared to families with girls. This shows parents who used the formula "just stopped having children after the birth of a boy," the report excerpts.

The pressure on spouses – especially girls – to have boys over girls is very strong, especially in society rural areas where girls are often only lowly educated and married at an early age

. But the report shows that gender preferences are also seen in some rich families, who often prefer boys to take over family business or inherit property, even though girls legally able to do so.

That preference has led to the existence of 21 million "undesirable" girls in India, many of whom have fewer food and education than their brothers. [em/ii]

Violence with Firearms in the US Reaches Highest Record of 2017

Violence with firearms in America reached a record high in 2017, where according to an NGO tracking firearms violence, there were over 60,000 incidents that killed more than 15,000 people. Mariama Diallo reviews several years with the worst level of firearms violence in America.

The Las Vegas Massacre of 1 October 2017 was one of the mass shootings by a single offender and claimed the most casualties in American history.

The gunner identified as Stephen Paddock attacked his hotel room against 22,000 concert visitors, killing nearly 60 people and injuring hundreds more. Law enforcement officials say Paddock has no connection with international terror groups and has no criminal record in the police.

"We have reviewed all federal, state and local archives; and this individual does not have any criminal records, "said Clark County Sheriff in Nevada, Joe Lombardo.

A month later, precisely on November 6, a gunman entered a church on the outskirts of Texas with assault rifles, killing 26 people and wounding 20 who was in Sunday Mass.

Law enforcement officials said the gunmen clearly intend to kill as many people as possible.

"I can tell you that the location of the incident was terrible, there are no words to describe it," the official said FBI Christopher Combs.

This is reinforced by the Public Security Department official at Texas Freeman Martin. "I think he came here with a single purpose and mission," he said.

Rosanne Solis who suffered a gunshot wound on his arm survived the incident and still remember very clearly when the shooter fired a seven-minute shooting shot. "I saw bodies and blood on everywhere, that's all I see because I do not want to get out of the place where I'm hiding, "he explained.

A 911 tape, reported the shooting at a concert in Little Rock, Arkansas on July 1 that injured 28 people.

On June 14, Congressman Steve Scalise and three others were shot while doing a baseball practice on the outskirts of Washington DC. Members of the Republican faction of the state of Louisiana were shot in the hip and made him in critical condition. Last September he recovered and returned to Capitol Hill.

"God bless everybody and everybody. God bless America, "Scalise said.

The Archives of Arms Violence ( the Gun Violence Archive ) defines mass firing as a single incident in which four or more persons, other than the gunman, were shot or killed. Throughout 2017, things like this happen more than 340 times in America. [em/jm]

Japan's Birth Rate Reaches the Lowest Record in 2017





Tokyo
 The year 2017 will end in a matter of days. Japan's Health Ministry noted that the birth rate in Japan in 2017 is the lowest in the last century. [ReportedbyJapanTodaySunday(12/24/2010)thereare941000babiesbornduring2017Thisfigureis4%lowerthanin2016ago

The birthrate in 2017 is the lowest since the Japanese Ministry of Health began collecting birth data in 1899 ago.

"What lies behind this is the number of women of childbearing age between 25-39 who continue to decline," a Ministry official said.

When birth does not touch 1 million, the number of deaths is estimated to reach 1.34 million by the end of the year. This figure is the highest since World War II ended.

These figures exclude foreigners living in Japan which account for about 1% of the total population. If no strangers, the population of Japan is mentioned about 125 million inhabitants.

The Japanese government annually keeps pushing for one family to have more children. But what happens is the population that continues to shrink and aging.

People aged 65 or over accounted for 27.2 percent of the total population, the highest ratio in records. According to data released last July, those aged 14 or younger fell to a record low of 12.7 percent.

(rna / ibh)