A shooting at the headquarters of the YouTube group in California makes three wounded, the shooter committed suicide

Many witnesses described scenes of chaos among those present in the building, located in San Bruno, about 20 kilometers south of San Francisco, in the heart of Silicon Valley where many technology groups have their neighborhoods. general. Sign of the panic that grabbed the employees at the time of the shots, a fourth person injured his ankle by fleeing the scene, said the police. According to the website of YouTube 1,100 people work on the site.

Police discovered on the spot the corpse of a woman "carrying gunshot wounds that she seems to have inflicted on herself "and who seems to be the author of the shots. According to the police, the alleged gunman "knew someone", which makes him favor the track of the dispute of private or family order. This seems to confirm several testimonies, including a YouTube employee, wishing to remain anonymous and indirect witness of the scene, who told AFP that "a woman burst at lunch time and seemed to shoot at a particular person "

The gunman used a handgun," San Bruno police chief Ed Barberini said at a news conference. "There are three victims" injured by bullets, he detailed, adding that they had been hospitalized. According to the Zuckerberg General Hospital in San Francisco, who treated the three wounded, one of the victims is in a "critical" situation.

"An Unimaginable Tragedy"

A YouTube employee who wished to keep anonymity, said on CNN that it was "video conference" at the time of the shots, which occurred around 12:46 local (19:46 GMT). She described people who "suddenly started running and shouting". Aerial footage of the US channels showed chairs and inverted tables in an inner courtyard of the building, where, according to several accounts, employees are used to taking their lunch break, while witnesses said on Twitter that they saw

In mid-afternoon local time, small groups of employees left the site in special buses, without speaking to the press while emergency vehicles and police were still on site , noted an AFP journalist. The boss of Google Sundar Pichai, parent company of YouTube, evoked in a written message to employees "an unimaginable tragedy". "Our thoughts and prayers are with everyone involved," tweeted US President Donald Trump . "Thanks to our phenomenal law enforcement officers and rescue workers who are currently on site."

Women shootings are extremely rare: according to an FBI study, covering 160 events between 2000 and 2013, involving one or more shooters on public roads, in shops, workplaces or schools. In only 6 cases was the person who fired a woman, 3.8%.

This new shootout comes as the endless US firearms debate continues to sharply divide public opinion, particularly after the killings at a high school in Parkland, Florida, on February 14 that killed 17.

More than 1.5 million people participated on March 24 in the United States in the United States. "Walk for our lives" calling for greater gun control. These gatherings are the largest in the country in at least two decades. The organizers of this "March for our lives" tweeted after Tuesday's shooting: "Our hearts are with you, @YouTube"

(source: AFP)

Suicide Bombs Killed 11 Soldiers in Pakistan





Peshawar
 A suicide bomber killed 11 soldiers and left 13 others injured near a military base in Pakistan on Saturday. The area was said to have been ruled by a local Taliban faction.

Reported by Reuters on Sunday (4/2/2018) the suicide attack occurred in a military sports area.

"The soldiers were playing volleyball at night outside military base, when a suicide bomber managed to blow himself up, "said a security officer.

The volleyball match was also watched by civilians. The number of victims is expected to increase and currently the injured have been taken to a nearby military hospital.

Tehreek-e-Taliban, also known as the Pakistani Taliban, has claimed the attack in a statement sent to the media. "Inshallah Tehreek-e-Taliban has begun the process of retaliation, wait for more (attacks) to follow," said Taliban spokesman Mohammad Khurasani in the statement.

The military has alert to signs of a Taliban revival. They are trying to rebuild civil institutions and win local residents as a bulwark against radical ideologies.

Since being pursued in the region, the Taliban have carried out retaliatory attacks against anti-militant activists. They are also trying to extort money from business owners in one of the areas where Pakistan has deployed more than 4,000 troops there.

Pakistani Prime Minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi condemned the attack. "There is no cowardly attack that can deter us in the fight against the threat of terrorism to its logical conclusion We will continue to fight until the root (terrorism) can be eradicated," Abbasi said.
 
(haf / haf)


<! –
 

->
 

Suicide Explosion Kills 3 Pakistani Army Officials

A suicide blast at a former militant base in northwest Pakistan killed at least three army officers and wounded seven others.

The attack took place Saturday night in a scenic Swat Valley area where military officers engage in sports activities , the official statement said. The statement did not give further details.

Sources told VOA, army officials were playing volleyball when the bomb exploded.

A spokesman for the outlawed Pakistani Taliban immediately claimed responsibility, saying the attack (19659002) Formerly, Swat had been the strong base of the Pakistani Taliban until 2009 when the army launched a massive counter-insurgency attack and drove out militants from the valley.

Since then, peace has returned to the area that is popular among domestic and foreign tourists and militant attacks are very rare in the valley that is touted as Switzerland Pakistan. [gp]

Suicide blast in Afghanistan kills 95

Suicide car bomb blast struck a crowded area outside government building in Kabul, Afghanistan.

Health Ministry spokesman Waheed Majroah has now confirmed to the Afghan media that the number killed was at least 95 while more than 163 were injured.

Thick black smoke can be seen steaming into the air from the center of the capital after an explosion near the old Afghan Ministry of Interior building, witnesses said.

A spokesman for Afghanistan's Interior Ministry, Nasrat Rahimi, confirmed the number of victims to VOA saying the explosives used an ambulance containing explosives to carry out attacks in areas where civilians gathered in large numbers.

The Taliban immediately claimed responsibility as the mastermind of the attack. A spokesman for the rebel group said the target was the audiences of the Afghan security forces.

The United States condemned the inhuman and cowardly attack

"We express our condolences to the victims and their families. My government and I support the brave people of Afghanistan, "said an official statement quoted by the US ambassador to Kabul, John Bass.

The neighboring country of Pakistan, accused of protecting the Taliban, also condemned the deadly bombing as a" cowardly terrorist attack "and conveyed sorrow to the families of the victims.

The deadly bombing came a week after five heavily armed Taliban suicide bombers stormed the Intercontinental Hotel in the city's strongly secured area. The raid killed at least 22 people, including 14 foreigners. At least four Americans are among the dead.

The two successive attacks have sparked strong criticism of the authorities for the failure to prevent violence. [gp]

Suicide blast in Afghanistan kills 40

Suicide car bomb blast struck a crowded area outside government building in Kabul, Afghanistan.

Health Ministry spokesman Waheed Majroah has now confirmed to the Afghan media that the number killed was at least 40 while more than 140 were injured.

Thick black smoke can be seen steaming into the air from the center of the capital after an explosion near the old Afghan Ministry of Interior building, witnesses said.

A spokesman for Afghanistan's Interior Ministry, Nasrat Rahimi, confirmed the number of victims to VOA saying the explosives used an ambulance containing explosives to carry out attacks in areas where civilians gathered in large numbers.

However, unconfirmed reports say the number that dies is much higher than the figures reported by Afghan government officials.

The Taliban immediately claim to be responsible as d alang attack it. A spokesman for the rebel group said the target was the audiences of Afghan security forces.

The deadly bombing came a week after five heavily armed Taliban suicide bombers stormed the Intercontinental Hotel in the city's strongly secured area. The raid killed at least 22 people, including 14 foreigners. At least four Americans were among the dead.

These two consecutive strong attacks have provoked strong criticism of the authorities for the failure to prevent violence. [gp]